List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Consequences of this KProcess construct
From:       "Wilco Greven" <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-19 10:41:18

Hi,

I'm using the following construct in KGhostView, but I wonder if it
isn't dangerous to use. I saw it also being used in KMail.

class KGVMiniWidget : public QObject
{
public:
    bool pdf2dsc( const QString& pdfFile, const QString& dscFile )
    {
	KProcess process;
	[.. setup the process ..]

	connect( &process, SIGNAL( processExited( KProcess* ) ),
		 this, SLOT( pdf2dscExited() ) );

	process.start( KProcess::NotifyOnExit );
	kapp->enter_loop();

	if( !process.normalExit() || process.exitStatus() != 0 )
	    return false;
	else
	    return true;
    }