List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: minimilistic KDE makefile
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-10-18 20:18:16

On Thursday 18 October 2001 14:38, Luis Pedro Coelho wrote:
> I just want to write to encourage you to continue to develop this tutorial.
> I just looked through it and it is shaping up to be a beginner's tutorial.
> I urge you not to lose track of that goal, but to still try and make it
> more complete.

Thanks a lot. It was originally meant to be just a little hint for those who
start with KDE development but I got some feedback so it should become
finished (and fixed) ASAP, hopefully with the help of others.
However, the work on it today was mostly eye-candy.

> Generally the quality of developer documentation for KDE is very good, but
> regarding the build system it is a bit lacking. I learned what I know about
> it by looking at code, which is fine except I sometimes I still have a lot
> of doubts and don't really know where to look it up.

The build system itself (autotools) has not much to do with KDE, but the used
macros do.
I'm also not an expert in this area but since I have to do with it a lot due
to other projects it seems logical that I contribute my growing knowledge
back to the project which contributes a lot to my/our ideas and apps. That's
philosophy :-)

Josef

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net