List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: minimilistic KDE makefile
From:       Luis Pedro Coelho <luis_pedro () netcabo ! pt>
Date:       2001-10-18 11:41:53

Em Quarta, 17 de Outubro de 2001 16:34, Josef Spillner escreveu:
> There are so many requests concerning compiling/building KDE apps now that
> I've started a tutorial for this some days ago at
> http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~js177634/kdebuild.html, but don't expect it
> to be complete or fully correct for now. And I'm pretty sure there are
> others too, just look around at developer.kde.org.

I just want to write to encourage you to continue to develop this tutorial. I
just looked through it and it is shaping up to be a beginner's tutorial. I
urge you not to lose track of that goal, but to still try and make it more
complete.

Generally the quality of developer documentation for KDE is very good, but
regarding the build system it is a bit lacking. I learned what I know about
it by looking at code, which is fine except I sometimes I still have a lot of
doubts and don't really know where to look it up.

Thank you,
Luis