List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: minimilistic KDE makefile
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-10-17 15:34:06

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 16:47, Mark W. Webb wrote:
> Could someone point me to a minimilistic KDE based makefile?  I just want
> to write a program with one or two .cpp files and matching .h files.  I
> only have experience creating projects using KDevelop, and those makefiles
> are more complex than the program that I want to write.  The program is
> only a simple program that I will just throw together for testing.

The makefiles are complex because they're generated from templates. The only
file you have to write is Makefile.am. Look in KDE's CVS how the other apps
do it, it's normally not more than 5-10 lines of code, plus some data or
special files like .desktop files or icons. The perl script am_edit does even
simplify this.
Take whatever external KDE package to see how to create a standalone package.

There are so many requests concerning compiling/building KDE apps now that
I've started a tutorial for this some days ago at
http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~js177634/kdebuild.html, but don't expect it to
be complete or fully correct for now. And I'm pretty sure there are others
too, just look around at developer.kde.org.
Also see the KDE 2.0 development book for another description.
If KDevelop hasn't such a topic in its documentation (couldn't check this
yet), it's time to include one.

Josef

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net