List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail bug
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-17 3:16:01

On Tuesday 16 October 2001 05:50 pm, Joao S.O.Bueno wrote:
> Note: the first warning "KuniqueApplication: Trying to launch kdeinit",
> I am getting with all KDE aplications. They work after that.

> #5  0x4126f7f0 in XftTextExtents16 () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.1
> #6  0x40af9a74 in QFontMetrics::width () from /usr/lib/libqt.so.2

This one looks familair. There is a bug in libXft which fails to handle very
long lines of text. I noticed that your dead.letter had all the
mail-addresses on a single line for some reason and that might have triggered
this bug. The solution would be too check if your distribution has an update
available for libXft. See also BR30000 on bugs.kde.org, and e.g.
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=100316449221089&w=2

Cheers,
Waldo