List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kde3 suggestion -- alpha channel use
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-16 19:02:11

#if Kuba Ober

> What would work *very* well, although that is even less trivial, is to have
> "decent" transparency - say 50% for all windows, but make all non-foreground
> windows out-of-focus (ie. pass through a slight low-pass filter, like 5 point
> weighted average, or similar). That would work miracles, and I would buy a
> 24-pack of decent beer of choice to anybody who does that.

We tried to do something like this last year, where unfocussed windows
were 'greyed out' (contrast reduced).

It looked beautiful, and made it much more obvious which was the active
window, also reducing distraction of the eye.

I don't know what happened to this. Perhaps M. Ettrich knows, I think
I was talking to him about it.

Rik