List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ISO9660 ioslave
From:       Antonio Larrosa =?iso-8859-1?q?Jim=E9nez?= <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-14 19:53:19

El Dom 14 Oct 2001 19:53, Rik Hemsley escribió:
> #if Martin Habbecke
>
> > I sometimes need to browse through some ISO9660 cdrom images on my hd
> > and thought an ioslave for this fileformat would be very nice.
> >
> > Is somebody working on such a thing ? If not maybe I will have a look
> > at it.
>
> Hmm, an ioslave perhaps isn't the right way. How about simply giving
> kio_file the ability to mount an image file ?

You won't be able to do it if you're not root. To mount a file as a normal
user, you have to add a line like this to /etc/fstab :
/mnt/iso/isofs.raw      /mnt/iso/d      iso9660 loop,ro,noauto,user 0 0

But if you add this line, then you can just create a new cdrom device in
your desktop to mount/umount it as if it was a regular cdrom drive.
So IMHO there's no need to create a new ioslave nor change the current
kio_file.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez