Jörg Walter wrote: > > On Wednesday 10 October 2001 19:35, Lucas Fisher wrote: > > We seem to have a plethera of ssh ioslaves. :) I wrote a sftp ioslave over > > Only none worked until Saturday, when I began coding this one. Or they were > hiding cleverly. kio_fish works, and I am confident enough to call it 1.0, > both feature- and bug-wise. (Please, do send bug reports or simple "it works") > Moreover, FISH is not sftp. FISH is no protocol at all, but using dd, cat, > rm, mv, cp, grep, ls, ... to do all filesystem management tasks. I even want > try to use rsync for better performance, dunno yet if it is possible. > Basically, even if you're stuck with some obscure web server O/S and no admin > privileges, you can still work fine. my sftp ioslave works :) If it doesn't let me know what problems you are encountering. > > the summer and it's currently in cvs (kdebase/ioslaves/sftp). I'm thinking > > we can integrate our efforts. > > Might be, it should be easy to nick my subprocess code. It is not PtyProcess > but some selfmade (and self-copied from konsole ;) stuff, which should even > work on cygwin, since it doesn't depend on pty's being available, falling > back to a socketpair instead. You lose password authentication this way, but > via ssh-agent you can still work. > Since like some others I made the mistake to use KProcess in the beginning, > the code is event driven and 'feels' as if it were still using KProcess, > being completely asynchronously. That's why I used PTYProcess as a base. The code for doing cross-platform ptys is terribly ugly, but has already been taken care of in the PTYProcess and PTY classes. Lucas >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<