List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: first stab at IRIX audio support for arts
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-10-11 15:54:07

   Hi!

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 05:31:03PM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> This file is supposed to provide audio support for IRIX platforms, and it
> somewhat works in that it opens the audio device and sets some
> parameters.  'write()' is never called however.

Usually, you provide a filedescriptor for aRts to select on, and
whenever the fd gets writeable, aRts will write data. If thats not
possible, you can alternatatively install your own timer, and tell
aRts to write something once in a while (see null AudioIO).

If you don't do either, it won't write anything ever (which is what
you're seeing here).

Btw, there is a Patch by Carsten Kroll for IRIX. It's not yet in the
CVS because there were open issues with that. I've put it to

http://space.twc.de/~stefan/download/kde/audioioirix*

so you can look at it. I am CCing Carsten with that - I would be happy
to integrate IRIX support into HEAD as soon as the open issues are
solved.

   Cu... Stefan