List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Java Docking in KDE ?
From:       Richard Dale <Richard_Dale () tipitina ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-11 3:38:54

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 3:30 pm, Mofeed Shahin wrote:
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> So where should i look, in the Java Bindings stuff?

The Java bindings are in the kdebindings module - kdebindings/qtjava and
kdebindings/kdejava.

However, the class KPanelApplet needs the callback methods like
KPanelApplet.heightForWidth() and KPanelApplet.widthForHeight() to be
implemented before it will work properly.

I used the examples from the book 'KDE 2/Qt Programming Bible', translated to
java, as a test suite for the last release, and one of the few examples that
I didn't get working in java was the applet example :-(. I didn't think
anyone would want to write KDE applets in java - but I was obviously wrong!
So I'll fix this soon in the KDE_2_2_BRANCH/HEAD branches..

-- Richard