List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase build fails (HEAD) (repost)
From:       Bart Kus <bsd () shell-server ! com>
Date:       2001-10-07 19:14:59

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Craig Drummond wrote:
> Nope... It's something really stupid on *my* part. What's happening is
> that the Xft header files can't be found - so the font installer is not
> going to be compiled with support for Anti-Alias settings. What I do is
> put #ifdef HAVE_XFT around all the stuff that relies upon Xft headers.
> However the Settings stuff is used in the SettingsWizard.ui file -
> therefore I can't just completely ignore the whole class. But I put the
> #include for the class's base class within the #ifdef HAVE_XFT -- which
> means if you have Xft then everything's OK, but if it doesn't then the
> file can't compile as I've told the compiler not to include the base
> class's header...

	Ahh, thank you so much!  Now, if I may carry on the thread in the
interest of improving the code, I seem to have found my Xft headers:

/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/XftFreetype.h

	And the associated libs:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.a
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.1

	Does the configure script expect to find them in
/usr/X11R6/include/X11 and FreeBSD is breaking standard by putting them in
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft ?  Should I simply append another
--with-extra-includes/libs for configure to chew on?  Is this something
that should be fixed for all FreeBSD users, or is my particular setup
screwed?  I run XF4 BTW.

		--Bart