List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase build fails (HEAD) (repost)
From:       Craig Drummond <cpdrummond () freeuk ! com>
Date:       2001-10-07 15:50:19

Hi,

> -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/KfiMainWidget.o
> In file included from KfiMainWidget.cpp:38:
> XftConfigSettingsWidget.h:47: syntax error before `{'
> gmake[4]: *** [KfiMainWidget.lo] Error 1
> gmake[4]: Leaving directory
> `/mnt/marvin/usr/tmp/kde/kdebase/kcontrol/kfontinst/kfontinst'
>
>  The offending area seems to be (in that .h file):
>
> //
> // Can't #ifdef this class out completely, as it's used in the
SettingsWizard.ui file
> //
> class CXftConfigSettingsWidget : public CXftConfigSettingsWidgetData
> {
>     Q_OBJECT
>
>     public:
>

>  Any help would be appreciated.  Keep in mind I'm a first time
> cvs-compiler so it may be something really stupid on my part.
>
>   --Bart

Nope... It's something really stupid on *my* part. What's happening is
that the Xft header files can't be found - so the font installer is not
going to be compiled with support for Anti-Alias settings. What I do is
put #ifdef HAVE_XFT around all the stuff that relies upon Xft headers.
However the Settings stuff is used in the SettingsWizard.ui file -
therefore I can't just completely ignore the whole class. But I put the
#include for the class's base class within the #ifdef HAVE_XFT -- which
means if you have Xft then everything's OK, but if it doesn't then the
file can't compile as I've told the compiler not to include the base
class's header...

Anyway, I've now fixed this file - so just get the latest copy of
XftConfigSettingsWidget.

Craig.