List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KProcess
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       2001-10-06 15:03:08

On Saturday 06 October 2001 14:40, Johnny Andersson wrote:
> Hi. This is my first post to the list. Hope I'm in the right forum.
>
> How come that when I start a process with KProcess (NotifyOnExit enabled),
> the started program is a child of my main program, but when my main program
> exits, the child process gets adopted by init (pid 1) and continues to run?
> I want the child to die when my main program does.

It is the normal Unix behaviour. If a child process gets orphaned the
grandparent process becomes its parent. In most cases that is init.

If you delete the KProcess instance in your parent process before it dies
that should do it.

Uwe

--
In the desert there is no sign that says, Thou shalt not eat stones.