List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Java Docking in KDE ?
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-04 22:33:33

You could try using kstart to specify that the window is tool window
so that it doesn't get a frame etc. (do kstart --help for a list of
the options). You'll need to position the window directly in your java
code to handle the edge docking itself though (get the screen size and
move the window appropriately). This will not be perfect as it won't
take into account space taken up by kicker etc. though, but doing it
perfectly would require using KDE's Java bindings (See the kdebindings
module) or writing some JNI of your own.

Cheers

Rich.