List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: C expert wanted
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-10-01 11:58:44

On Tuesday 02 October 2001 13:41, JES wrote:

> > Well, then it tells me
> > realloc(): invalid pointer 0x82dc768!
> > instead of crashing and crashes later at a completely different place.
>
> Aha, this tells me that the crash isn't coming from the realloc, but from
> somewhere else in the code.

Well, I assume that already all the time. At least it is definitely the same
pointer address I got from the last realloc of from malloc.

I think somewhere some information about this memory chunk, for example the
length, has to be stored (glibc internal). Is that perhaps somewhere before
or after it or where else? This is the memory that probably gets overwritten,
at least I don't have a different explanation. If I would know where that is,
I could watch this memory, then it should actually be possible to find out
when it changes.

Regards,
Michael Häckel