List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Something busted in SM?
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-01 7:55:52

   For some reason when kit is closed on logout it ends up with a corrupted
session-management file.  The kit:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  file ends up with a
blank "user=" field and apparently the windowState is nonsense (according to
Neil).  He says that he doesn't see this on his own machine, but I can easily
reproduce this on the various recent releases of RedHat and Mandrake.  Neil
claims it might be RedHat's gcc or ksm.  Has anyone seen something like this?
 Any suggestions on a quick way to figure out what's happening?

  Is it possible that kit is being killed before it can write the SM file
properly even?  I have noticed that KDE logs out before the "shutdown" sound
effect can even finish being played (and thus it truncates the sound
slightly).  Perhaps this is related?

--

George Staikos