List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ksmserver
From:       Thomas Schubert <thom.schubert () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-09-30 10:20:14

Thanks for replying, Waldo,

but I'm getting nowhere.

This is rather weird, so I guess maybe some developers might actually be
interested.

come back to the front and are accessible and functioning, including kicker.
ksmserver opens two (non-visible) windows in the task-bar. Clicking one of
them does nothing, clicking the other craches kde.
Logout itself is still possible.
All users (!) are affected, even root. Install of kde was as clean as
possible, and displayed no problems at first.
I have tried deleting all possibly connected files, including DCOP*, MCOP*,
.x*, .X*, in home, removing .kde in home and /tmp. No effect.
Even starting from init 1, and killing every process in sight (including all
processes started by kde, that don't immediately kill kde) as well as
unloading all possible modules, displays this behaviour.
EXCEPT: killing kwin prevents this effect temporarily; restart kwin -> it's
back.

This is occurring with at least another user with a very different
setup/distro.

Grateful for any assistance
Thomas