List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror became unusable after 2.2.1->Current CVS upgrade
From:       Bryce Nesbitt <bryce () idiom ! com>(by way of Bryce Nesbitt <bryce () idiom ! com>)
Date:       2001-09-29 21:24:57

I justed updated CVS from 2.2.1 to current (pre-2.9 CVS >= 20010924).

Konqueror is now unusable.  Entering text into any box (including the
google search box) is slow, slow, slow.  With the machine at idle, it
takes 20-30 seconds to type "the quick brown fox jumped over the
lazy dogs".  CPU usage never goes up, so that's not the cause.

I see the following in the console window that started KDE:

konqueror: KonqMainWindow::eventFilter 0x818b898 KLineEdit combo lineedit
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::slotClipboardDataChanged()
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::eventFilter 0x818b898 KLineEdit combo lineedit
kdeui (KLineEdit): Popup Completion
kdeui (KLineEdit): Popup Completion
kdeui (KLineEdit): Popup Completion
kdeui (KLineEdit): Popup Completion

Other lineedit users like "kcharselect" are unaffected.  What's up?

             -Bryce