List:       kde-devel
Subject:    New project proposal -- customer and pay tracker for small businesses
From:       Amelie Zapf <Amelie.Zapf () uni-bayreuth ! de>
Date:       2001-09-29 17:46:22

Hi folks,

I'm new to this list. Hello first. I joined because I've got an idea for a
new software project (and am looking for collaborators):

Somehow I'm missing a program that can keep track of running a small
service-oriented business. That means:

- storing information about customers, people that you're customer of,
related businesses and the like, along with what samples/material they
received from you, what they charge, other info (MySQL-Interface?)

- keeping track of the pay that's coming in and going out, automatically
doing invoices, overdue notes, receipts... (maybe with LaTeX as backend?)

- write business letters using the database

- ability to create a business balance or tax return for any given period of
time; of course, that has to be done with internationalized plugins updated
each year :-(

- keeping track of business dates, with an export/import possibility w/
KOrganizer

- to make a long story short, do everything related to your business in one
place.

You get the idea. All the machinery to do the dirty work is basically present
(a relational database system and a typesetter), it's mostly the GUI and the
"legalese" that has to be cast into code. The problem is, I have little
experience in GUI programming and far too little in law/economics. I'm a
freelance musician (therefore my need for the program).

QtTudo exists, but it mostly caters to people into trade, not
service-oriented small companies.

And that's why I write to this list for assistance. Anybody to help me out?
Please drop me a line.

Amelie

--
The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.

        But let your communication be Yea, yea; nay, nay: for
        whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
                -- Matthew 5:37