This is just a little feel good message. When have you ever seen a reply from closed companies that even closely resembles this kind of relationship to the community that uses the product. :) - John On Thursday 27 September 2001 08:47 pm, Shawn Gordon wrote: > Zack, > > You obviously wrote to 'support@thekompany.com', which is why you got the > auto-responder, we had to do that because we were getting buried in > questions for some of our free stuff. You could have tried anyone of a > number of different emails available at our site before resorting to the > KDE list. > > There is no registration key in your package because you bought online and > were immediately registered and given a unique download key at the time of > purchase which you can use to download your updates free of charge forever. > > I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble, we have many hundreds of people > happily using DocBrowser and this is really the first complaint I've heard > about it. DocBrowser is a solid and reliable product, if there are > features you would like to have, then please feel free to request them, but > just because it doesn't have something you wanted, doesn't mean that it's > wrong, it just means it's an opportunity for us to enhance the product > based on your feedback. > > So please feel free to direct your questions to me personally and I'll make > sure the engineers get them. > > Shawn Gordon > President > shawn@thekompany.com > > At 05:35 PM 9/27/2001, you wrote: > >Hi, > > > >I'm sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ask three questions. First one: > >is anyone working on Shell integration in konqueror, something along the > >lines of EFM? Because if not then I would like to make it my systems > >programming class extra project. My professor agreed on that. And so I > > have a question, I was going through konqueror sources, and I don't see a > > way to add a transparent child window ( think transparent, editable > > tooltip, which would display input as you're typing) to the KIconCanvas > > unless I missed something. So of course my question is did I miss > > something? :) I thought about writing KAdvancedIconCanvas class, which > > would inherit QCanvas. The advantage of that would be the fact that one > > could zoom in, out, rotate ( don't ask me why ;) ) etc the icon view. > > Besides I think that having pixmap background would look kind of nice. So > > two : is anyone working on such a class? > >And third is anyone using DocBrowser written by theKompany? I just got my > >version and I'm so disappointed it's not even funny. I didn't get a > >registration key, which means I can't register on their website, so no > > future updates for me. The thing is static. I can't add new library > > documentation like the one provided for older version of kde and qt. And > > adding html documentation is just silly, because you have to add each > > page individually, which implies that unless you got lots and lots of > > free time on your hands you can forget about getting the newer qt > > documentation in there. Then it doesn't let you change man paths once > > they're set. And on to of that once I wrote an email to support > > department at theKompany asking for the registration key I got an email > > saying that I need to pay for the support. This is ridicules, they should > > at least send the registration key to me. So did I miss anything about > > that product, or did I just waste $40 on something that's not even close > > to "Devhelp" ? > > > >Zack Rusin > > > >-- > >Bill Gates: "Innovation" > >Me: "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think > >it means" > > > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > > > > unsubscribe << > > Regards, > > Shawn Gordon > President > theKompany.com > www.thekompany.com > 949-713-3276 > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << -- John Rizzo jrizzo@johnrizzo.net >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<