List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: docbrowser and a shell integration.
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-09-28 0:47:20

Zack,

You obviously wrote to 'support@thekompany.com', which is why you got the
auto-responder, we had to do that because we were getting buried in
questions for some of our free stuff.  You could have tried anyone of a
number of different emails available at our site before resorting to the
KDE list.

There is no registration key in your package because you bought online and
were immediately registered and given a unique download key at the time of
purchase which you can use to download your updates free of charge forever.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble, we have many hundreds of people
happily using DocBrowser and this is really the first complaint I've heard
about it.  DocBrowser is a solid and reliable product, if there are
features you would like to have, then please feel free to request them, but
just because it doesn't have something you wanted, doesn't mean that it's
wrong, it just means it's an opportunity for us to enhance the product
based on your feedback.

So please feel free to direct your questions to me personally and I'll make
sure the engineers get them.

Shawn Gordon
President
shawn@thekompany.com

At 05:35 PM 9/27/2001, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ask three questions. First one:
>is anyone working on Shell integration in konqueror, something along the
>lines of EFM? Because if not then I would like to make it my systems
>programming class extra project. My professor agreed on that. And so I have a
>question, I was going through konqueror sources, and I don't see a way to add
>a transparent child window ( think transparent, editable tooltip, which would
>display input as you're typing) to the KIconCanvas unless I missed something.
>So of course my question is did I miss something? :) I thought about writing
>KAdvancedIconCanvas class, which would inherit QCanvas. The advantage of that
>would be the fact that one could zoom in, out, rotate ( don't ask me why ;) )
>etc the icon view. Besides I think that having pixmap background would look
>kind of nice. So two : is anyone working on such a class?
>And third is anyone using DocBrowser written by theKompany? I just got my
>version and I'm so disappointed it's not even funny. I didn't get a
>registration key, which means I can't register on their website, so no future
>updates for me. The thing is static. I can't add new library documentation
>like the one provided for older version of kde and qt. And adding html
>documentation is just silly, because you have to add each page individually,
>which implies that unless you got lots and lots of free time on your hands
>you can forget about getting the newer qt documentation in there. Then it
>doesn't let you change man paths once they're set. And on to of that once I
>wrote an email to support department at theKompany asking for the
>registration key I got an email saying that I need to pay for the support.
>This is ridicules, they should at least send the registration key to me. So
>did I miss anything about that product, or did I just waste $40 on something
>that's not even close to "Devhelp" ?
>
>Zack Rusin
>
>--
>Bill Gates: "Innovation"
>Me: "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think
>it means"

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President