List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror Loading Problems
From:       John Rizzo <jrizzo () johnrizzo ! net>
Date:       2001-09-27 19:21:42

Hi guys.

I previously sent an email to this list describing a problem I was having
with konqueror.  Whenever I started konqueror with, "kfmclient openProfile
webbrowsing", it would crash.  While troubleshooting the problem I came up
with two things that were necessary to make konqueror run sucessfully.

First I had to disable java script.  This for some reason was causing
konqueror to crash even when I went to pages that didn't have any java script
such as the about: page or www.kde.org.

Second I had to remove the following lines from the webbrowsing profile.

RootItem=View0
View0_ServiceName=konq_aboutpage
View0_ServiceType=KonqAboutPage
View0_URL=about:konqueror

I do not have debugging enabled so I can't provide much usefull information
as to why that appears to be causing problems. *SORRY*

The second problem however brought something to my attention.  Where can you,
through the gui, change your startup page.  I don't want to have a user
editing the global webbrowsing profile and they shouldn't have to edit a
local profile by hand either.

--
John Rizzo		jrizzo@johnrizzo.net