List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Click and Scroll" in konqueror - mouse button use
From:       Meir Kriheli <mksoft () netvision ! net ! il>
Date:       2001-09-26 10:28:14

On Wednesday 26 September 2001 05:47, Warren Turkal wrote:

I have the follwing setup:

Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier	"Mouse1"
    Driver	"mouse"
    Option 	"Protocol"    "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option 	"Device"      "/dev/psaux"
    Option	"ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
    Option	"Buttons"	"7"

To map the scrolling to buttons 4,5 you should use xmopmap to modify the
mapping of 6,7 to 4,5:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

This also generates the correct events with xev.

You can set this to startup by adding the line

pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5

to your Xmodmap file (on debian sid it is in /etc/X11 dir).

--
Meir Kriheli