List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Listening to KMail over the telephone
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-09-24 22:39:08

[*way* too many nested quotes follow. Sorry about that.]

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Igor Gilitschenski wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:19:24AM +0200, Thomas Strauss wrote:
> > On Sunday, 23. September 2001 23:52, Igor Gilitschenski wrote:
> > > Ack. Many of this Ideas require a Service Deamon, which runs on your PC.
> > > The main task of such a deamon would be to provide all the  Information
> > > mentioned by you. I.e. This might be the thing to recieve your phone
> > > calls and reading your mails.
> >
> > this sounds like it would fit in the generalized data exchange,that is
> > planned for kdepim.
> Wha are the current thoughts of implementing such a general Data
> exchange?

<grumpy-mode>As soon as someone shows up on kde-pim with code instead of
grandiose wishes or white papers. As soon as we can agree on what such a
data exchange might mean. As soon as we get hardware, software,
documentation and funding from somewhere to work on it. As soon as the
*far* smaller problems of PDA syncing, local calendar syncing, and
security have been solved.</grumpy-mode>