List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kde2.2 taskbar
From:       Ilya Konstantinov <kde-devel () future ! shiny ! co ! il>
Date:       2001-09-19 13:12:08

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 02:00:39PM +0100, Mike Richardson wrote:
> While I'm here, is there support for taskbars which are _not_ children of
> Q/KMainWindow?

You mean "support for windows which don't belong to Qt applications"?

I believe the Kicker taskbar displays all windows on the X display,
regardless of the GUI toolkit controlling them. It chooses whether to
display a window or not (e.g. if it's a dialog box) according to the X
window properties of that window.

I guess QDialog sets different window properties than QMainWindow to
indicate it's a dialog box and be treated differently.