List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How does Packaging for Distributions work
From:       Igor Gilitschenski <igi-g () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-09-18 20:42:38

Hi,

I have a question on creating distributions. I.e. of KDE. That's why
I've choosen this list. As far as I understood the KDE build Process it
is split up in the Parts one gets out of the CVS (kdebase, kdelibs,
etc.).
The build system seems to be trying to handle a whole package. So my
question is, how do package maintainers at SuSE, Debian, ... turn this
huge Source packages from the CVS into smaller source packages
containing one programm only?

Igor
--
You're working under a slight handicap.  You happen to be human.