List:       kde-devel
Subject:    What is the rationale behind KGlobal::staticQString?
From:       Luis Pedro Coelho <luis_pedro () netcabo ! pt>
Date:       2001-09-17 20:47:37

I tried searching the list archives for that, but I could not find it.

The way I see it, KGlobal::staticQString is a way to have global variables.
Either that, or I have misunderstood what it does.

However the documentation seems to imply that I should use this function
instead of function-level static QStrings, stating simply that such objects
are EVIL. I fail to understand why. Is the documentation misleading me?

Thanks in advance.
--
Luis

Check out my game of Hearts, a card game, for KDE at:
http://hearts.sourceforge.net/