List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Animated Gif slows Konqueror down
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-17 6:22:35

On Sunday 16 September 2001 02:07, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Kent Nguyen
>
> > You can see and feel the dramatic difference.
>
> I can't see or feel any difference in konqueror from CVS HEAD.
Same here, BUT !!!
if running KDE in a VNC window, animations tend to eat up ALL network
capacity.
OK it's possible to stop the animation manualy, but nevertheless IMHO an
"auto off" option after the first cylce would be very helpful for all those
how can't afford to run KDE exclusively an their own box, but must / want run
it on a server. BTW this works fine for me since a year now.

--
cu
ferdinand