List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE releases and distributors
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-09-16 20:54:38

On Sonntag, 16. September 2001 22:32 Marc Espie wrote:
> What's the procedure for distributors ?
> Are we supposed to use cvs to get the equivalent of the src tarball, and
> then build from it ?
>
> Or is the src tarball already somewhere, and do I just need to ask to get
> access...

There's a mailinglist kde-packagers, which you might subscribe to. The
release-dude (Waldo Bastian for 2.2x) creates tarballs for the
KDE_X_X_RELEASE branch. However, you are free to update packages from the
stable branch, i.e. currently KDE_2_2_BRANCH, as many bugfixes go there, even
after the release. At least SuSE is creating updated packages whenever some
new bugfixes are committed to the stable branch (you can subscribe to kde-cvs
to see commits).

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer