List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Cannot compile dcop source using depreciated function.
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-16 13:26:21

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot compile _current_ sources
because kdelibs/dcop/dcopclient.cpp continues calling slot_access.

Looking into the /old/ file qt-2.3.1/src/kernel/qmetaobject.cpp
the following turned out:

/*!\internal

  Binary compatibility workaround, removed in 3.0 ###
 */
QMetaData::Access QMetaObject::slot_access(int index, bool super )
{
[...]
}

This function being gone in Qt3, good old dcop code doesn't compile anymore.

Does anybody work on that problem at the moment?
If not, any hints what I should try to do to fix it?

Ciao,

  Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>

   BugCops  ***  Making Free Software Better  ***  http://bugcops.org