List:       kde-devel
Subject:    The KDE Edutainment project, development, and i18n
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-12 19:54:52

First, my apologies for the cross-posting to three lists.

We will soon be officially launching the KDE Edutainment project (see
http://edu.kde.org/ for more details), and we recognise the need for
multi-lingual applications for Educational needs.

The team on KDE-Edu is basically multi-national, but we have relatively
little experience in coding i18n applications, and indeed KDE
applications in general.

This is basically a request for help in coding issues, both in general
application programming, and very importantly in the i18n area. Anybody
is welcome to join us, and we hope that some of you will aid us in
creating the *best* Edutainment software there can be!

In a week or so, we are planning an IRC meeting to make sure that the
developers already involved understand the need for i18n, and we would
be more than happy for any of you to join us. I'll post the date and
time once it has been decided. In the meantime, there's usually at
least one of the developers present most (european) evenings, and you
are welcome to come along and talk to us about any issues we might come
across.

Thank you for your patience, if you read as far as this :)

Andy
(on behalf of the KDE Edutainment project, but in particular Annma, our
illustrious leader!)

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."