On Monday 10 September 2001 08:43 am, Caleb Tennis wrote: > I have a set up where we will be using dcop to communicate between a few > different programs running on the same system. This has been verified to > work great. There will be 10 of these such "systems" running on the same > network. I would like the ability to communicate between systems via > client/server using, hopefully, dcop as well. > > I have done some research into the setServerAddress method but I cannot > successfully attach to the server. Based on the address I give it, I > generally get messages such as "transport method not supported" or > "authentication errors". These seem to come from the underlying X code > that dcop is written on. > > My question: has anyone done anything like this. Security isn't much of a > concern - I just need to know the best setup and configuration for handling > this information. DCOP isn't designed to work between systems. In fact, I don't think it's possible at all (but could be wrong, there). In any event, you will want to use the XML-RPC daemon to handle DCOP requests over a network. For KDE 2.x, it is in kdebase (and kdenetwork for KDE CVS). -- Kurt Granroth | http://www.granroth.org KDE Developer/Evangelist | SuSE Labs Open Source Developer granroth@kde.org | granroth@suse.com KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<