List:       kde-devel
Subject:    dcop questions
From:       "Caleb Tennis" <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2001-09-10 15:43:52

I have a set up where we will be using dcop to communicate between a few
different programs running on the same system.  This has been verified to
work great.  There will be 10 of these such "systems" running on the same
network.  I would like the ability to communicate between systems  via
client/server using, hopefully, dcop as well.

I have done some research into the setServerAddress method but I cannot
successfully attach to the server.  Based on the address I give it, I
generally get messages such as "transport method not supported" or
"authentication errors".  These seem to come from the underlying X code that
dcop is written on.

My question: has anyone done anything like this.  Security isn't much of a
concern - I just need to know the best setup and configuration for handling
this information.

Thanks!
Caleb

Caleb Tennis