List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFontDialog::setFont failed
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-09-09 21:46:53

On Friday 31 August 2001 17:53, Thomas Satzinger wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i have the following problem:
>
> Trying to set the currently active font with KFontDialog::setFont does not
> work.
> I always get Arial/12 selected.
>
> I traced the font family, it tells me e.g. Georgia, but when the dialog
> pops up, Arial is selected again.
>
> Anybody who has an any whats going wrong here?
Well, I guess the easiest way is to use KFontDialog::getFont( font ) with
"font" being the font that should be selected on dialog popup. It will
contain the selected font afterwards as well.

If you want to use setFont create the dialog first, call setFont on it and
then call exec() to show it (assuming the dialog should be modal).

Hope this helps,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.