List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: [Knetworkconf-devel] Re: [devel] Opinions for network interface
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <juan.baptiste () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-05-18 19:26:23

> >I like this idea, see how it's now:
> >
> >http://knetworkconf.sourceforge.net/Screenshots/0.6/kaddDeviceDlg5.png
>
> Some input from a lurker:
>
> - You might want to try less indenting to provide more visual
> association with the Manual radiobox (it also looks better ;).
> - Enable during startup could be placed on top, just under the missing
> "Enable Interface" checkbox ;)

Yes, I'm still playing with the spacers and the layout manager of Qt designer,
please see again:
http://knetworkconf.sourceforge.net/Screenshots/0.6/kaddDeviceDlg5.png

> On second thought, get rid of 'Enable during startup' in favor of
> 'Enable Interface'. Think about it: if 'Enable during startup' were
> unchecked, you'd have to manually activate the interface. This is no
> different from enabling/disabling an interface permanently aslong as the
> interface remembers it's previous settings. Or am I confused? (it's late ;)

Maybe you haven't seen the main window, there's already an Enable and Disable
interface buttons, as you can see here:

http://knetworkconf.sourceforge.net/Screenshots/0.6/kcm_knetworkconf.png
(latest shot).

Cheers,