List:       kde-debian-devel
Subject:    Re: [devel] Opinions for network interface configuration dialog
From:       Kévin_'ervin'_Ottens <ervin () ipsquad ! net>
Date:       2004-05-18 17:55:22

Le mardi 18 Mai 2004 19:34, Simon Edwards a écrit :
> not quite. If the machine booted off bootp and I go to knetworkconf then I
> expect (demand!) to be told what the network settings are, even if it is
> bootp!

But bootp is mostly used by thin clients... not workstations, I doubt you'll
want to admin this from the GUI. But why not... it's only a supplementary
method (even if it sounds useless in KNetworkConf).

> ASCII-o-vision:

This ASCII-o-vision is not bad... do you plan a .ui files to ASCII-o-vision
parser? =)

> TCP/IP address:
>   [ ] Automatic [DHCP |V]

Putting this in a combobox is a very good solution to add bootp...
If bootp stays in KNetworkConf it's IMHO the best solution.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."