List:       kde-debian-devel
Subject:    [devel] Knetworkconfig
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2004-01-22 21:05:39

Hi all,

I've been in contact with the author of Knetworkconf regarding his plans and
schedule. Knetworkconf appears like it will be in a ready state at about the
right time that we will need it, and it already works on Debian. *I* think we
have found our network util, unless someone had a much much better idea.

Here is the quick conversion. I'm the "> >" text.

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:49 pm, you wrote:
> > What are you plans for knetworkconf and integrating it with KControl? We
on
> > the KDE-Debian list have been looking around for admin tools and also
trying
> > to work out what admin tools we want to have. A network config tool is
needed
> > of course. All of the tools need to integrate with KControl.
> >

> Of course. I have already started working on this. I made a test with 0.4.2
some time ago and got it working as a kcm, but when tried with 0.5 (they are
very different) I got it to load in kcontrol but it showed up as a separate
window! I tried to find the problem but I had some other features to
implement at the moment so I leaved it for the moment. This is the first
thing IŽll be working on after I release 0.5 final in a couple of weeks.

> > My opinion of knetworkconf is that it just needs some more polish, be
turned
> > into a KControl module, and then it is good to go. What do you think?
> >

> As I said, of course, That will be the first thing to do, among wifi support
and profiles. And thank you to be considering knetworkconf to be part of the
KDE-Debian initiative!!!

> cheers,
> --
> Juan Luis Baptiste M.
> Linux registered user #119248
> http://www.merlinux.org
> http://knetworkconf.sf.net

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/