List:       kde-debian-devel
Subject:    [devel] Re: debtags
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2004-01-13 19:14:35

Marcin Pawlik writes:

>> In the meantime, I have found out that debtags is implemented using
>> the tagcoll library, and I should be looking at that.

> How do you plan to use debtags here? Is there an implementation in
> which you can define customization of the tag database visible only
> for a single program in the system? I know only the initial
> announcement where the database was system-wide so I don't think
> this can be the place for data used only by one application...

I personally don't think it's usable for my purposes, because of the
problems mentionned in the mail you replied to.

Customization of the library is not a problem though.  IIUC, there is
no real debtags library, it's just a database in the format expected
by the tagcoll library, where tagcoll is a library that is meant to
add extra data to whatever you like.  Therefore, customization is as
easy as it can be, since there is no library that expects any sort of
format of the data.

cheers
domi