List:       kde-debian-devel
Subject:    Re: [devel] kdenonbeta/kdedebian/kapture [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]
From:       "Peter Rockai (mornfall) <mornfall () logisys ! dyndns ! org>" () sirion ! logisys ! sk
Date:       2004-01-08 10:45:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:41:36AM -0500, Adam Treat wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2004 4:24 am, Peter Rockai wrote:
> > KMDI
> > I started to work on KMDI face for kapture. It turned out it's not
> > feasible to make MDI KPart, so i finally factored the code into
> > proper libs/modules. Now we have multiple "faces" for kapture, see
>
> You can't use the new KMDI library that KDevelop, Kate, Quanta... lots
> of new apps hopefully... are using?
>
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kmdi/html/index.html
>
> If not, why?
Hey, i use it! But not for kpart. See here:
> > This will be moved into part/ and kapture/ will be created from the
> > ground up as KMdi face for libkapture.
So yes, i use kmdi for the app. However, the part will use simple
interface, as kmdi interacts badly with embedded parts (ie, how would
you like kmdi part embedded in konqueror, fscking around with window
menus and so on? this plainly won't work). So there are 2 interfaces for
kapture (3 in total, 1 really simple, just for one-package-installation
(the pkgpart/), when you click on a deb file in konqueror. As i wrote,
the part/ interface is essentially unmaintained, but eventually, it will
be picked up again. And it is good for showing kapture while kapture/
(kmdi) interface is b0rken. And at last, it's quite simple, most of
functionality is in libkapture anyway.

--
Peter Rockai (mornfall), mornfall()logisys!dyndns!org, mornfall.homeip.net