List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Printing problem on Sarge 3.1 use as desktop replacement
From:       Colin <futuresoft () netscape ! ca>
Date:       2005-08-17 15:58:24

Hi

I'm trying to set-up Debian (Sarge 3.1) as a desktop replacement having
been through the route Mandrake 8,9,10 and then Knoppix (the latter
being the reason I got into Debian).

I had problems setting-up the dial-up which I overcame but now I have a
problem getting the local printer to operate. I set it up using the KDE
control center and the test page works fine. I even had a page print out
from Mozilla. But after shutting down the machine and restarting next
day, I can just print when using the test printer mode from the printer
drop down menu selection in the KDE control center (in normal user mode
not su or root).

If I try printing to lp0, the job goes to Kjobviewer and then gets
aborted by the system.

Is this simply a question of file permissions that must be changed or is
it a bug? If anyone has a simple solution please let me know.

Cohutche
(futursoftinc.com)