List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: KDE app development on Debian/Mepis?
From:       Christoffer Sawicki <qerub () home ! se>
Date:       2005-02-22 12:24:42

Hi,

>    (I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list, please point me in
> the  right direction if so)

kde-debian* mailing lists have been renamed to kalyxo* and we don't really
deal with user support but rather discuss and spend some time improving KDE
and Debian. I suppose http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/ is the right
mailing list for you, and I note that you have already discovered it.

Considering the nature of your problem, I'd turn to some Mepis support forum
because they are probably the one to blame for the breakage.

>    I am trying to write a simple KDE Hello World using KDevelop3 on
> Mepis 2004.06 but it refuses to compile since it requires the
> multi-threaded version (qt3-mt) but if I try to install that, Synaptic
> says that it will uninstall almost all of KDE!

Try to pinpoint where the real dependency problem lies and the problem can
probably be solved. Aptitude is good application for these kind of problems.

>    What are the correct set of packages I should try to install?

I would have made sure kdelibs4-dev and libqt3-mt-dev was installed.

Good luck,

*/ Christoffer Sawicki <qerub@home.se>