List:       kde-debian
Subject:    KDE-problem
From:       "nick legroe" <legroen () planetinternet ! be>
Date:       2004-10-16 8:57:14

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem. I have installed a debian installation (woody)
after a few tries i git it finally working.
Now the problem is the following. When booted and showing the login screen,
I can login using gnome with no problems but when I choose for KDE, and
giving the correct login name and password. I see a little screen where he
loads something. the first 2 icons get loaded witout any problem but when he
comes to initializing peripherials then it just crashes back to the login
screen. When i look at the log file XFree86.0.log there is no problem no
error. i have a AMD 2000+xp
512 ram
40 GB
Geforce 4 440 MX 64 MB ram
MB: nv7m from abit.

the configuration file contains the following
i use the vesa driver
16 bit colordepth
resolution: 1280*1024
and then a few things about the mouse