List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: back from LinuxTag...
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva.brucherseifer () basyskom ! de>
Date:       2004-07-04 15:37:28

On Monday 28 June 2004 12:19, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> Especially the point of having a selection of "demo files" is
> extremely important. I suggest to even create a section in CVS
> for this (maybe it should be in the "promo" department somewhere).
>
> These demo files definitely shouldnt be just hurriedly created
> drafts, but should be showcaseing the best features you can apply
> with the respective application. We should be able to mail a doc
> to the visitor if he requests it....

There is already a directory:
kdepromo/exampleuser

Also I am wondering why we have these discussions again and again after each
event. There was information about the demopoints available, you could have
discussed it before. We all know that preparing a demo before the event
resolves this type of problems - so where are the demos? You cannot expect to
come to an event and have a perfect demo available. The team putting work
into this is simply too small. And BTW - Torsten and several others still did
a tremendous job!! If you want to have a better one, don't talk - do it.

Greetings,
eva

PS: I am wondering if there really will be a demo _before_ the next event
(LWCE in Frankfurt?) or wether there will be the same discussions again...

basysKom
Ingenieurbüro Brucherseifer und Ackermann GbR
IT System Kompetenz
Dipl.-Ing. Eva Brucherseifer
Karlstr. 45
64283 Darmstadt