List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: New debian repository
From:       Achim Bohnet <ach () mpe ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2004-06-09 22:02:15

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 18:51, Pedro Jurado Maqueda wrote:
> El Miércoles, 9 de Junio de 2004 17:05, Alejandro Exojo escribió:
> > El Miércoles, 9 de Junio de 2004 15:52, Pedro Jurado Maqueda escribió:
> > > Hello to everyone, a few days ago I create a new testing/unstable debian
> > > repository with some apps package for me and other for other people.
> >
> > I hope you aren't using checkinstall this time ;-)
> >

> Only with gambas, in the other packages I use the Ralf Nolden's method that
> you explain me some time ago ;-)
>

> > I have seen lots of amarok packages and packagers, but it doesn't seems
> > that anyone has enough time, skills or interest to upload it to debian. I
> > ITPed amarok, and I have packages of it, but has some bugs I don't know yet
> > how to fix. Mornfall asked to take over my ITP, and this seems a good idea.
> > He has more packaging knowledge than myself, and I hope will do a good job,
> > but I suppose he is busy with kapture.
>
> Have your amarok package support por gstreamer?, recently I compile amarok
> beta4 with gstreamer support, but when I try to run with the Gstreamer
> engine, the app crash, this not happen with the arts engine, and the package
> that you found in kdehispano repository is the beta3 version and only with
> arts support downloaded from http://w5.cs.uni-sb.de/~gogo/amarok/.
>
> > Well, anyway, unstable and source packages are available here:
> >
> > deb http://darkshines.net/debian unstable konserve
> > deb-src http://darkshines.net/debian unstable konserve
> >
> > deb http://darkshines.net/debian unstable amarok
> > deb-src http://darkshines.net/debian unstable amarok
> >
> > deb http://darkshines.net/debian unstable kmyfirewall
> > deb-src http://darkshines.net/debian unstable kmyfirewall
> >
> > Any comments or help is welcomed, of course ;-)
>
> Why don't you create an unique packages.gz file, so people don't need to add
> three lines to its sources.list ;-)

Hi,

Anyone know the status of the planed kalyxo.org apt repository?
If it get's accepted by kde pkg maintainers how are not proper
debian developers (yet), it would save me a lot more than just 2
lines in sources.list ;)

I hope a central place for kde pkgs would also help to reduce
duplicate pkg effort, and maybe several people help each other
to get a pkg in the right shape.

Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com