List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: New debian repository
From:       "Peter Rockai \(mornfall\)" <mornfall () danill ! sk>
Date:       2004-06-10 20:39:26

On Thursday 10 June 2004 15:44, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 9 de Junio de 2004 18:51, Pedro Jurado Maqueda escribió:
[snip]
> > Have your amarok package support por gstreamer?, recently I compile
> > amarok beta4 with gstreamer support, but when I try to run with the
> > Gstreamer engine, the app crash, this not happen with the arts engine,
> > and the
>
> Yes! :-(
> Exactly the same. Selecting gstreamer as output, closes the app suddenly,
> and I didn't had time to check whats happening. I didn't tried new cvs
> snapshots, only beta4.
Ahem, you must install gstreamer0.8-plugins to make the engine work. I'm
splitting the package in the next release, so that amarok depends on
amarok-arts | amarok-gstreamer and amarok-arts depends on arts,
amarok-gstreamer on gstreamer0.8-plugins. Hadn't had the time last time,
sorry. The last version is same as yours, gst compiled, but without manual
intervention unusable.

[snip]