List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: [devel] Opinions for network interface configuration dialog
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2004-05-19 6:00:38

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 20:03, Kévin 'ervin' Ottens wrote:
> Le mardi 18 Mai 2004 19:34, Simon Edwards a écrit :
> > not quite. If the machine booted off bootp and I go to knetworkconf then I
> > expect (demand!) to be told what the network settings are, even if it is
> > bootp!
>
> But bootp is mostly used by thin clients... not workstations, I doubt you'll
> want to admin this from the GUI. But why not... it's only a supplementary
> method (even if it sounds useless in KNetworkConf).

That's probably true, but I'm thinking more of the case where someone goes to
KNetworkConf thinking "what hell is up with the network on this box!". They
might not be able to admin the box, but at least they will see that bootp is
being used.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/