List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: What's going on ?
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <juan.baptiste () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-04-09 11:19:27

> > I like to see two goal in our work :
> > - the KDE integrative effort, trying to integrate foreign (non KDE based)
> > application the best possible in a KDE desktop, this is of course very
> > distro agnostic
>
> So, the integrative effort is about integrating non-KDE applications into
> KDE ? it doesn't have much to do with integrating KDE into Debian (I don't
> see how KDE could be more integrated into a distro that is more or less
> desktop agnostic).

This is to integrate non-KDE apps like Gimp or Open Office with the use of
technologies like qt-engine, cuckooo, etc, that will give any GTK based app a
native KDE look and feel while running in KDE.

[...]

> > Some admin oriented tools are developed (kapture, guidance,
> > knetworkconf...)
>
> Already developed ? where ?

See http://knetworkconf.sf.net
and http://www.simonzone.com/software/guidance/ for some of the things being