List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: YaST GPL'ed
From:       "C. Gatzemeier" <c.gatzemeier () tu-bs ! de>
Date:       2004-03-26 12:51:44

Am Freitag, 26. März 2004 10:07 schrieb Kévin 'ervin' Ottens:

> > Remember, Webmin is already here and working, and it platform agnostic.
>
> Right... But I'm not very familiar with webmin. Is it easy to deploy
> settings on a set of computers? Does it will act smoothly with the admin
> tools you've written?

I would be surprised.

Webmin, only webinterface, extendable with webmin-modules but hard to maintain
and needs to be installed on every machine, ...

IMHO the only backend concept that addresses the drawbacks of the current
tools around and amounts the pluses is CFG. Front ends do not have to be
meta-data driven if they don't wand but can make use of the same unified
representation on different (with a ssh backend even remote) systems.
http://freedesktop.org/Software/CFG

Regards,
Christian