List:       kde-debian
Subject:    The KDE/Debian Project (was: FOSDEM2004 and KDE/Debian ...)
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2004-01-21 23:39:27

Daniel Stone writes:

> And say what, seriously? "We started to do stuff but then argued
> about a name for 4 weeks so everyone got bored and did other stuff
> instead."?  Don't get me wrong, Kapture and Kalternatives (I haven't
> forgotten you, Juanjux, I've just been way too busy) are great,
> right, but it's nothing with which to advertise a major project.

I guess a lot of people here were a bit overly optimistic about what a
group of some 20 developers who all have other occupations already,
can accomplish in one month.  Seriously, Daniel, what did you expect
to appear on your repository in such a short timespan ?

This project is about improving Debian's integration with KDE,
improving the consistency of the Desktop, improving the GUI setup
tools, and working on quality enterprise admin tools.  Maybe we should
postpone the custom distribution until we have enough things ready in
these other areas ?

cheers
domi