List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: userlinux
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2004-01-20 12:08:59

Le Mardi 20 Janvier 2004 10:43, harald a écrit :
> hi all,
>
> if you still looking for some developers, i like the getting involved.
> special the configuration utility is intrestint for me.
>
> are they some maillists, forums, rooms ?
>
> my teckbackground : linux since 5 years debian the last 3. develop php
> java c since 7 years. payed 1 for php.
> so i like to stengt my c++ skils, while hacking a  god project.

Look
http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE-Debian

for first informations. The two main mailing lists on mail.kde.org are
kde-debian and kde-debian-devel

We are looking for developers for several aspects :
- Work on the KDE LiveCD (installer, configuration, polish) which is a
derivative of Knoppix.
- Writing configuration tools for Debian. Work has already started.
- One important topic that should also be tackled is easy configuration of a
small network of computers with a simple topology (one server, several
clients). The way to go seems to be adding ZeroConf and working with the Knot
project of Tim Jansen (http://www.tjansen.de/knot/).

Cheers and welcome,
Charles
--